Status: Software Engineer at Meta
Meta Developer Environments (2022 – Present)
I’m currently working on improving the remote development experience for the internal engineering community at Meta.
Meta AR/VR (2020 – 2022)
I worked on the new user and device setup experience for the Meta Quest 2 and Meta Quest Pro.
Instagram Server Framework (2018 – 2020)
The Instagram Server Framework team was responsible for developer velocity on Instagram’s Python-based server codebase. I worked on projects such as:
- The development and open-sourcing of LibCST, a concrete syntax tree and parser for Python. LibCST enables complex large-scale automated refactoring.
- A new linting framework for Python, making it easy for developers to add custom rules. We documented the work on Instagram’s Engineering blog.
- A tool for detecting networking and threading side-effects at import-time, improving the reliability of Instagram’s deployment process.
Instagram Web (2016 – 2018)
I was a Frontend Engineer managing Instagram.com. Instagram.com is a progressive web app written in React with Redux. I played a significant role in launching features and internal architecture improvements, such as:
- A redesign of the website and app.
- The Instagram Stories viewer on mobile and desktop web.
- Instagram’s modern GraphQL stack, and a migration to it.
- A migration from Flux to Redux, adding Flow types to the data model along the way.
I helped grow the team from three engineers to over a dozen by the time I left.
Facebook (Summer 2015)
As an intern on the React team at Facebook, I was responsible for porting all of Facebook’s web frontend from JSHint to ESLint, along with a large set of custom rules.
Amazon (Summer 2014)
I completed an internship with Amazon’s Fulfillment team, developing tooling for optimizing the dimensions of packaging material available to Fulfullment Center workers based on previous orders shipped from a given location. Small reductions in “air shipped” at Amazon’s scale has a great potential to reduce both costs and the footprint on the environment.
I declined a return offer in favor of Facebook.
UF ACIS Lab (Summer 2012)
Under an NSF Research Experiences for Undergraduates Fellowship grant and through UF’s University Scholars Program, I worked on IPOP and iDigBio.
Master of Science in Computer Engineering
I graduated from the University of Florida in December 2015 through UF’s Combined BS/MS program.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering
I graduated Cum Laude from the University of Florida in December 2014.
Linux, POSIX Shell, VIM, Git, Mercurial, SaltStack, and more!